Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training opportunities available. In response to the COVID-19 risk, additional precautions are being taken, including delivering training content through online methods when possible. For the most up-to-date information visit midmich.edu/short-term-training.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A | $4,300
- Starts December 14, January 18, February 15, and March 15 in Mt. Pleasant and Big Rapids
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B | $1,600
- Starts January 11, February 1, February 8, March 1, March 8, and April 5 in Freeland
- Welding $1,600
- Starts January 18 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts January 19 | Bad Axe
- Phlebotomy | $1,450
- Starts January 11, April 5, June 28, & September 20 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts February 15, May 17, August 9, & October 25 | Harrison
- Starts February 22, June 21, & September 27 | Bad Axe
- Starts March 2, June 15, & October 5 | Big Rapids
- Starts March 1, June 14, & September 20 | Alpena
- Dental Assistant | $2,300
- Starts February 2, June 7, & September 13 | Gladwin
- Direct Support Professional | $850
- Starts January 18, February 15, & March 15 | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600
- Starts January 18, May 10, August 9, & October 25 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts March 29, July 12, & September 20 | Harrison