Mid Michigan College has several Short-Term Training opportunities scheduled. In response to the COVID-19 risk, additional precautions are being taken, including delivering training content through online methods when possible. For the most up-to-date information visit midmich.edu/short-term-training.
Short-Term Training provides participants with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trade fields. In as little as three to twelve weeks trainees are prepared for entry-level positions and State certification exams. Training costs may be significantly reduced or completely offset through MiWorks! assistance programs. Potential trainees should contact their local MiWorks! to see if they qualify.
“Many of the careers connected to Mid’s Short-Term Training are ranked among the fastest growing occupations by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, including certified nurse assistants (CNAs), phlebotomists, and dental assistants,” noted Kristine Stevens, Director of Business & Industry Training at Mid.
- NEW! Dental Assistant $2,300
- Starts September 8
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) $4,200
- Starts August 10 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts August 17 | Big Rapids
- Starts September 14 | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) $1,600
- Starts August 24 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts September 28 | Harrison
- Starts October 26 | Mt. Pleasant
- Phlebotomy $1,400
- Starts August 17 | Harrison
- Starts September 22 | Big Rapids
- Starts September 28 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts September 28| Bad Axe
- Starts October 12 | Alpena
- Starts November 16 | Harrison
- Local Corrections Officer Academy $1,100
- Starts September 1 | Mt. Pleasant
For more information about Mid Michigan College’s response to the COVID-19 risk, visit midmich.edu/covid19.