As part of Mid Michigan College’s effort to empower, support, and connect with local communities, the College hosted tailgate events and scholarship giveaways at the Harrison vs Gladwin, Clare vs Beaverton, St. Louis vs Ithaca, and Alma vs Bridgeport varsity football games.
College representatives attended each game and welcomed attendees with giveaways and free refreshments, purchased through local sports booster associations.
“We want to encourage community members to attend their hometown events, support local student-athletes, and connect with Mid Michigan College,” explained Annette Sturdavant, Community Outreach & Advancement Specialist.
During the game, two students from each participating high school competed in a fun, interactive scholarship giveaway contest. Each team of two stood 15 yards apart with one student throwing 10 Mid Michigan College footballs and the other attempting to catch them in a basket. Both members of each winning team received a $500 scholarship to Mid Michigan College. The remaining participants each received a $100 scholarship to Mid.
- Harrison vs Gladwin Participants
- $500 Scholarship Winners: Grace Vercruyssw and Riley Biermaker of Gladwin
- $100 Scholarship Winners: Naomi Goodenow and Ryan Rivas of Harrison
- Clare vs Beaverton Participants
- $500 Scholarship Winners: Reese Mishler and Leiyah Mungin of Beaverton
- $100 Scholarship Winners: Dawson Babcock and Triston Gauthier of Clare
- St. Louis vs Ithaca Participants
- $500 Scholarship Winners: Mallorie Ecker and Quinne McMurphy of Ithaca
- $100 Scholarship Winners: Udter Tweh and Olivia Good of St. Louis
- Alma vs Bridgeport Participants
- $500 Scholarship Winners: Lincoln Polk and Laila Heiss of Alma
- $100 Scholarship Winners: Adara Anderson and Alexis Raby of Alma
“The College has always been a community partner and is increasing efforts to support local communities across mid-Michigan,” noted Sturdavant. “In addition to serving nearly 5,000 students from the mid-Michigan area, we partner with a variety of local organizations including employers, service organizations, and community groups.”
For more information about Mid or to discuss potential partnerships, contact Annette Sturdavant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 386-6651.