The Michigan Community College Association (MCCA) recently announced its 2023/2024 Executive Committee, including Mid Michigan College President Tim Hood as treasurer.
Hood is beginning his fourth year at Mid and previously served as President of Highland Community College in Freeport, Illinois. Prior to serving at Highland, he was a Vice President of Instruction, Chief Academic Officer, Dean of Corporate Training & Community Education, and Workforce Development Trainer at colleges in Illinois and Kentucky.
The MCCA Executive Committee provides planning and strategic direction for the MCCA, representing and acting for the board between meetings. Its responsibilities include recommending an annual budget to be approved by the Board of Directors, auditing of all MCCA finances at the end of each fiscal year, planning the events and activities of the MCCA, and supervising and evaluating the President.
“Michigan community colleges are dedicated to providing opportunity and helping students of all ages achieve their goals,” said Hood. “It is an honor to serve as treasurer for the MCCA executive committee and continue contributing toward their good work.”
MCCA Executive Committee members include
- Chair: Robert Proctor, Trustee, Lansing Community College
- Vice Chair: Peter Provenzano, Chancellor, Oakland Community College
- Trustees Vice Chair: Irene Watts, Trustee, Henry Ford College
- Presidents Vice Chair: Dr. Marshall Washington, President, Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Treasurer: Tim Hood, President, Mid Michigan College
- Member At-Large: Scott Ward, President, West Shore Community College
- Member At-Large: Don Crandall, Trustee, Muskegon Community College
- Member At-Large: Joy Hopkins, Trustee, Bay College
- Member At-Large: Duane Bedell, President, Bay Mills Community College
- Immediate Past Chair: Dr. Beverly Walker-Griffea, President, Mott Community College
The 2023/2024 Executive Committee members began their terms on July 1, 2023.