For the first time, the Mid Michigan College Foundation and Alumni Association offered scholarships to Mid alumni who are pursuing advanced degrees.
Alumni who received an associate degree or earned 60 credit hours at Mid Michigan College with a 3.0 GPA or higher on their Mid Michigan College transcript were eligible to apply.
Scholarship applicants were required to submit a 1-3 minute video response which included the degree they are pursuing, how the scholarship will help them succeed, and what role Mid played in their education. Applicants were also required to submit their Mid Michigan College transcript.
“We received many strong applications from alumni working toward their bachelor’s and master’s degrees,” said Alexa Carey, Director of Alumni Engagement. “The Foundation Board Scholarship Committee reviewed the applications and chose the scholarship recipients.”
Below are the names of the recipients, the scholarship amount awarded, the institution they currently attend, and the area of study they are currently pursuing.
- Alyssa Abbas (Beaverton) $500 Michigan Technological University – Biology
- Angela Parsons (Mt. Pleasant) $2,500 Central Michigan University – Elementary Education
- Dylan Mills (Rudyard) $1500 Central Michigan University – Mathematics and Computer Science
- Kylin Sprauge (Mt. Pleasant) $500 Central Michigan University - Nursing
- Lindsey Marlin (Mt. Pleasant) $1,000 University of Michigan – Elementary Education
- Maggie Gomola (Midland) $500 Ferris State University – Pre-Optometry
- Rylie Alward (Gladwin) $500 Central Michigan University – Physician Assistant
- Shelby Raymond (Gladwin/Clare) $500 Central Michigan University - Therapeutic Recreation
“We hope to reach more and more alumni each year,” noted Carey. “We’re thrilled to celebrate and recognize these awardees and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.”