Several Mid Michigan College Lakers Basketball student-athletes recently received conference and regional honors from the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA).
Men’s Basketball Awards
- Javel Lewis (Grand Ledge High School) received All-MCCAA, All-Region, First Team All-Conference, and All-Defensive Team honors.
- Averaged 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game. All-time career leader in blocks at Mid.
- “Javel has been a tremendous talent for our Men’s Basketball team the last two seasons. He deserves every bit of recognition he has received. Most importantly Javel is a hardworking student and a great person. I can’t wait to follow his successes after he moves on from Mid.” – Coach Kaleb House
- Satchel Love (Detroit Cristo Rey High School) received First Team All-Conference and All-Freshman Team honors.
- Averaged 9 points, 6.6 rebounds, while shooting a field goal percentage of 59%.
- “Satchel had a great start to his career here at Mid Michigan. I am very impressed with the progress he made this season and proud to see him earn this recognition from the conference. He has a very bright future ahead in a Laker uniform and beyond.” – Coach Kaleb House
- Tim Steward (Detroit Edison Public School Academy) received Second Team All-Conference honors.
- Averaged 9 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists per game.
- “Tim deserves every recognition he gets, as he is a tireless worker and a committed student-athlete. Tim has an exciting future ahead on and off the court and we can’t wait to support him along the way.” – Coach Kaleb House
- Noah Pruitt (Okemos High School) received Honorable Mention All-Conference and All-Freshman Team honors.
- Averaged 13 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists per game.
- “Noah is a very talented player and a great person. He is very deserving of these conference recognitions. He battled through injury to have a great season. Noah will certainly be a huge part of our team next year and we know he will be ready to have an even bigger season.” – Coach Kaleb House
- Isaac Hungerford (DeWitt High School) received All-Defensive Team honors.
- Averaged 6 points and 3 rebounds per game. He also started all season.
- “Isaac brings so much toughness and effort to the court every day. He was tasked with guarding the best player on other teams often and did a great job. We are excited to have him back next season and expect him to have another great year.” – Coach Kaleb House
In addition to the athlete’s achievements, Coach Kaleb House was named the MCCAA Western Conference Men's Basketball Coach of the Year for the 2020-2021 season.
“This recognition is really a testament to how our administration, coaching staff, and players handled the adversity we faced during this COVID-19 season. I am thankful for how we handled the challenges we faced and stayed together through it all,” shared Coach House.
Women’s Basketball Awards
- Alexys Carlstrom (Harrison High School) received All-MCCAA, All-Region, First Team All-Conference, and All-Freshman Team honors. Alexys was also named the MCCAA Freshman of the Year.
- Kamryn Myers (Reed City High School) received Second Team All-Conference honors.
- Averaged 8.1 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game.
- Holly McKenna (Big Rapids High School) received Second Team All-Conference and All-Freshman Team honors.
- Averaged 8.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game.
- Ellie Johnson (Clare High School) received All-Defensive Team honors.
- Averaged 6.4 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game.
“From being full-time students to attending practices and games, and from staying on top of their studies to working part-time jobs, Mid’s student-athletes go above and beyond, and all of us at Mid are proud of their accomplishments,” noted Matt Miller, Mid Michigan College Vice President of Student Services and Athletic Director.
Currently, Mid supports six varsity teams: men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, and men’s and women’s bowling.