How can I come to campus safely? Are buildings open?
Campus is open to students, visitors (community members, vendors, etc.), faculty, and staff based on course scheduling. These hours of operation are likely to differ from pre-COVID operating hours. If you need to access campus facilities outside of your course schedule, contact Safety & Security to ensure access will be available. All students, visitors, faculty, and staff are required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing.
Health Screening Protocols
The College is closely following the local health department recommendations, which include requiring self-screenings. As part of our comprehensive strategy for controlling the spread of COVID-19 on campus, we are deploying #CampusClear, a daily self-screening app and campus "Fast Pass." Everyone in our learning community is required to use #CampusClear prior to coming to campus.
To get started, download the app from the app stores.
We encourage you to enable notifications from the app. There will only be 1 notification each day to prompt you to take the self-screening survey.
Once you've downloaded #CampusClear, log in by entering your Mid email address. You'll receive an email confirmation, and after clicking the confirmation link in the email, you will have access to the app.
If you do not have a smartphone, you may log onto the #CampusClear website to complete your screening using this link.
There will be signs at all entry doors with QR codes so visitors can download the app. Visitors will be able to use a phone number when signing in to receive the confirmation link.
It only takes a few seconds to self-screen, and your participation helps to keep our campus safe for everyone. Likewise, please be sure to self-screen daily, even if you have no symptoms.
- Shortness of Breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated Shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of the sense of taste or smell
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to ensure Mid's campuses are safe, healthy spaces.
- If a student is unable to wear face covering of any type, they will be referred to Accommodations.
- If an employee is unable to wear a face covering of any type, they will be referred to Human Resources.
- If a campus visitor is unable to wear a face covering of any type, they will be referred to Safety & Security.
- Medical documentation will be required in order to receive an accommodation for not wearing a face covering.
- The Coordinator of Student Accommodations or the AVP of Human Resources will provide Safety & Security a list of those who are not required to wear face covering while on campus.
Enforcement of Face Coverings Inside Campus Buildings
- Safety & Security is responsible for monitoring and enforcing the use of face coverings inside all campus buildings, and will approach anyone not wearing a face covering, without an accommodation, inside any campus building. Faculty and employees may call Safety & Security if they have a student or visitor who is not wearing a face covering.
- Safety & Security will inquire if the individual has some type of face covering available and if so request that they wear it. If they do not have a face covering available, one will be provided.
- If the individual says they cannot wear a face covering, Safety & Security will refer them to Accommodations or Human Resources.
- If the individual says they do not want to wear a face covering, Safety & Security will inform them that face coverings are required inside any campus building and provide them with a face covering.
- If the individual refuses to wear a face covering, Safety & Security will escort them to the closest exit. If they refuse to leave, the police will be called and they will be escorted out of the building.
- Safety & Security will then complete an Incident Report for tracking purposes and a Maxient Report will be submitted.