Campus Alert: Harrison Construction! Visitors should use the appropriate campus entrance. For classes, use the Mannsiding Entrance. For Student Services, use the S. Clare entrance. Renovation Info

OLD Change of Name and/or Gender Request Form

Change of Name and/or Gender Policy


Mid Michigan College recognizes that as a community, members may use names to identify themselves other than their legal name. This includes persons that identify with a gender that differs from their birth-assigned sex. These individuals may exercise their option to change their legal name and/or gender information with the College. Mid Michigan College’s Registrar is responsible for maintaining a student’s official academic record and as such, has the responsibility of oversight to implement any change to the official and/or unofficial student name and gender information. All inquiries and requests should be directed to this Office.

The name and gender that is reported on official records is the person’s legal name and gender. This information should reflect the name and gender that is reported on the student’s original application for admission to Mid and/or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If a student chooses to change their name and/or gender in the College’s official records or desires to use a preferred first name, familiarity with this policy and procedure is advised.


(uploaded AUG 10, 2017)

Any questions or requests for obtaining an official or unofficial Name and/or Gender Designation should be directed to the Office of the Registrar at .

If you have questions about Mid’s Change of Name and/or Gender Policy please contact the Office of Student Oversight via e-mail at or by telephone to (989) 386-6638.

Back to the top