You may be wondering how employers will know what skills you've mastered by completing your degree at Mid. To highlight these skills, Mid has partnered with organizations representing a wide-range of career-fields to award industry-recognized skill certifications. Remember to list these certifications on your resume to alert potential employers that you are ready for real-world work.
As part of this effort, Mid is affiliated with NC3, the National Coalition of Certification Centers, a nationwide network of education/training providers and corporations that develops, implements, and sustains industry-recognized certifications built on national skills standards. Through Mid's affiliation with NC3, the College is able to broaden the number of industry certifications you can earn.
Mid currently awards the following industry-recognized certifications.
- EPA-Refrigerant Handler
- NATE ICE Testing
- (Includes Air Conditioning, Air Distribution, Heat Pumps, Gas Furnaces, and Oil Furnaces)
- NC3 Snap-on 575 Multi-Meter
- NC3 Starrett Precision Measurement (PMI)
- Seal Tight Gas Line
- Certified SolidWorks Association (CSWA) Exam
- SoftPlan Certification Exam
- Microsoft Word Specialist
- Microsoft Word Expert
- GREG Document Processing Certificate
- Snap-on Shop Key I - Service Information System
- Snap-on Shop Key II – Advanced Service Information System
- Snap-on Versus Edge Diagnostics
- Navigational Scan Tool Operation
- Lab Scope Operation
- ATECH – Performance I & II
- OSHA 10 Card
- MIOSHA 1-10
- Armstrong Tool Safety
- NC3 Precision Measurement
- NC3 SnapOn 575 Meter
- Welding Sense Ia
- Welding Sense Ib
- FANUC Programming
- FANUC Vision & Sensors
- Welding Sense Ia
- Welding Sense Ib
- NC3 Tape & Rule Measurement
- NC3 Slide Caliper Measurement
- NC3 Gage Measurement
- NC3 Angle Measurement
- NC3 Micrometer Measurement
- NC3 Dial & Bore Gage Measurement
Mid currently prepares you to take certification exams for the following industry-recognized certifications.
Business & Technology
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA PenTest+
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician
- Ciso Certified Network Associate
- Linux Essentials
- Certified Nurse Aide (Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs)
- MIG Welding (American Welding Society)
Direct Support Professional
- Level I Direct Care Worker (National Association for Direct Support Professionals)
- Nationally-Certified Phlebotomist (American Society of Clinical Pathology)
NC3 Industry-Recognized Certifications Give Students an Edge
Beginning in the fall of 2018, Mid Michigan College students began earning industry-recognized certifications as part of their automotive, HRA (Heating, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning), and manufacturing technology (AIM) programs. These certifications give students an advantage as they apply for new jobs or look to advance in their current roles.
“We want to ensure that we’re setting students up to succeed. That means that they get a job in their field or they get a better job because of what we taught them,” says Shawn Troy, Mid’s Dean of Workforce and Career Education. “Employers are looking for candidates that have a proven record of success, and our students’ résumés now demonstrate that they have mastered the most important skills for their chosen career.”
NC3, National Collation of Certification Centers, includes many significant industry partners who have developed certifications alongside colleges and technical centers. Examples of industry partners include Trane, Fiat Chrysler, Snap-on, Dremel, Greenlee, and others. Through Mid's affiliation with NC3, the College is now a recognized certification center and able to broaden the number of industry certifications students can earn.
Over the coming years, the College plans to broaden its emphasis on practical, hands-on certifications that students can earn as part of their skilled trade degrees.
NC3 Industry-Recognized Certification Highlights at Mid
- NC3 Certifications currently offered through Mid's Automotive Technology, HRA, and A.I.M. programs.
- During the Fall 2018 semester, Mid has awarded close to 120 NC3 certifications to students in three programs.
- These certifications include Snap-on Shop Key & Scanner Diagnostics for automotive students, Snap-on Multi-Meter certifications for HRA students, and Starrett Precision Measurement (PMI) certifications for A.I.M. students.
- These certifications are industry recognized and verified by a third-party.
The National Coalition of Certification Centers was established to address the need for strong industry partnerships with educational institutions in order to develop, implement, and sustain industry-recognized portable certifications that have strong validation and assessment standards. [NC3]